What size generator do you need?
Generator sizing is based off of loads (toasters, ovens, etc.), and square footage. Listed below is the approximate size generator your home will need based off standard appliances. If you have a 5-ton AC unit, the minimum size generator you would require is a 20kW no matter the square footage. Load management modules can be utilized to reduce generator sizing and cost, as well as multiple appliances on gas can reduce size. *please note: this sizing chart is an approximate estimation, a technician will still need to come by for a free estimate and evaluate your home to give you the best options based off what your home’s loads are
Starting at $8,000
- < 1500sqft
- Standard appliances
- Less than 5-ton AC
- 100a – 200a service equipment typically
- Load management on some major appliances such as water heaters, dryers, pool equipment, ranges, and ovens.
Starting at $9,000
- > 1500sqft
- 5-ton AC or multiples AC’s
- 150a – 200a service equipment typically
- Multiple large appliances, multiple fridges, freezers, etc.
- Pool equipment
- Wine cellar
- Load Management sometimes still required on major appliances depending on load
Starting at $11,000
- > 2000sqft
- 5-ton AC with other units
- Large load 200 to dual 200a service equipment
- Large water heaters, pool heaters, etc.
- More flexibility
- Can install a 26kW with no load management on a 20kW sized home